Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Meta Blog Post #4

 Please assess "Middle Class Crisis"

In my first Meta-Blog Post (Bloggin' Ain't Easy), I stated that "Blogging makes me nervous. The idea of putting all my thoughts and opinions out there, for all the world to see, is enough to make my stomach turn." This has definitely changed over the course of the year. While I don't always look forward to blogging, it is something that I do not mind doing, and, most of the time, I even enjoy myself when writing one. I never get nervous about what people will think of my blogs, even though this was a primary concern of mine in the beginning of the year. I also think that I have added much more voice to my blog as well. The posts are no longer facts that simply relate to what we have learned in class, but rather they contain bits and pieces of my personality.
Throughout 4th quarter, blogging did not continue to be a top priority for me. With all the work I wasdoing for Junior Theme, it was not something that I was often thinking about, or stressing about over the weekend. I think this can be seen when one looks at my posts from earlier on in the quarter. Around the time when we were right in the middle of Junior Theme, my blog topics included Kate Middleton, and the world's hottest pepper. However, I don't necessarily believe that this is a bad thing. Blogging is supposed to be enjoyable, and when I was writing about more laid back topics, I was definitely having more fun. However, that isn't to say that I didn't blog about any serious topics. Once Junior Theme was turned in, I feel that I really stepped it up again, and punched out longer, more serious posts about topics we were discussing in class. 
The post that I am most proud of this quarter was "Middle Class Crisis!" The topic really tied into what we were discussing in class, and I was proud of the article and video that I came across. I also loved the cartoon that I added. I think that post reflects what we were learning in class well, and what I took away from it.
Overall, blogging has been a great experience! It started out shaky, but I ended up really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment