Sunday, February 27, 2011

College Quandary

Big school, little school? East coast, west coast? Private school, public school? These are questions millions of high school juniors have recently been bombarded with as the search for colleges begins. Speaking of beginnings, I don't know where to start. My college counselor meeting is approaching in a few weeks, and I am faced with a task of coming up with a list of schools that I feel I may want to attend. I know I'm not the only one, my twin brother, and everyone else at school is faced with this task as well. But that doesn't make it any easier. But my question is, why does it have to be so hard?
Ultimately, it's a huge decision. I would say it's almost one of the biggest decisions of your life. So you definitely want to make the right decision, but there is no guarantee. There is no way of knowing that the school you choose is going to be right for you. At some point, you just have to make a decision and take the leap, like jumping out of an airplane with the parachute that you packed yourself.
In the end, you just have to take a chance, and eventually that's what it's all about. Making an informed decision, and hoping for the best.
Who knows what will happen, but talk to me two years from now and I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I really am digging the picture you chose. It mirrors my emotions sometimes when talking about the college and the future. I think sometimes people just aren't enjoying the present. But I agree that it is tough process and choice. I think the main part of the whole process is to do what is best for yourself and to find a place where you can grow and learn. I really like the metaphor of the parachute and jumping out of the plane. I will definitely look forward to chatting with you in 2 years to see where you are at.

    ReplyDelete